NEW - Check out my KBTalking Pro keyboard review!
This website is my personal effort to make nearly everything I've learned about the fascinating world of mechanical keyboards easy to understand and navigate.
This site is being, and will continue to be, updated on a regular basis. The world of mechanical keyboards is pretty exciting at the moment and new products are coming out all the time. Also, there is a lot of general "fundamentals" content that I still have plans to add, which should be especially helpful to those new to mechanical keyboards
Please contact me if you have any questions.
The vast majority of keyboards these days are made with "rubber domes". This means that, when you press a keycap, underneath it is a rubber dome that gets depressed. The result is a typing experience that is often described as "mushy" and "not tactile". Mechanical keyboards can offer a much more enjoyable typing experience.
I live in the USA and I'm a software developer.
I enjoy keyboards, punk rock, movies, foreign travel, coffee, cannoli and other things.
- Big thanks go to reaper, litster, leotnnz, mrsone and MyNameIsFinn for donating photos.
- Also big thanks go to TexasFlood and fluxrez for the Keyboard Pixel Art.
- Big thanks to Lethal Squirrel for creating the Cherry MX Switch animations.
- Big thanks goes to iMav who runs the BEST Mechanical Keyboard forum on the web, GeekHack [Currently being re-designed].
- And extra HUGE thanks goes to resident PixelMaster csm725 who not only donated pics but made my CSS look pretty.